Are you looking for something different to make in the Instant Pot? I have the perfect recipe for you!
This Instant Pot Chinese Pork is amazing in so many ways. You get all the flavors in a one-pot meal. This Chinese Pork Instant Pot recipe is a hot favorite in my house and beats takeout every time.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Instant Pot Char Siu is perfect for busy weeknights when you need something quick and easy, yet flavorful. It is also the best way to feed a crowd as it makes an impressive main course that everyone will love.
Ingredients For Chinese Pork
Here are the ingredients for Instant Pot Chinese Pork.
- Boneless Pork Loin: Lean and tender, the main protein for a quick and flavorful dish.
- Soy Sauce: Infuses savory and umami notes, a staple in Chinese cuisine.
- Hoisin Sauce: Adds a sweet and savory balance, essential for Chinese-inspired flavors.
- Dry Red Wine: Enhances richness and complexity in the marinade.
- Brown Sugar: Adds sweetness and aids in caramelization during cooking.
- Minced Garlic: Introduces aromatic richness to enhance the overall savory profile.
- Chinese Five Spice Powder: Signature spice blend for quintessential Chinese flavor.
- Natural Red Food Coloring: Optional for traditional visual appeal.
- Sesame Oil: Infuses nutty and aromatic essence for depth of flavor.
- Olive Oil: Adds richness and smooth texture to the marinade.
How to Make Instant Pot Chinese Pork
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making Chinese Pork Marinade and cooking Chinese Pork in the Instant Pot.
Making Chinese Pork Sauce
Step One: Slice Pork Loin
Thinly slice the pork into strips about 3″ long and place in a large sealable plastic bag.
Step Two: Make Chinese Pork Marinade
In a small bowl add the five-spice powder, hoisin sauce, minced garlic and the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
Step Three: Marinade Pork Slices
Pour the marinade into the plastic bag with the pork. Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Pressure Cooking Chinese Pork
Step One: Saute Pork in Instant Pot
Add the olive oil and Sesame oil to the Instant Pot. Place the char siu pork inside the Instant pot and set it to saute function. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring to evenly cook.
Step Two: Pressure Cook Char Siu
Add the leftover marinade to the Instant Pot. Close the Instant Pot lid. Set the sealing vent to the closed position.
Pressure cook the Instant Pot Char Siu for 4 Minutes on High Pressure.
Step Three: Quick Release Instant Pot
Once your char siu recipe has cooked and the Instant Pot beeps, release the pressure using the quick-release method.
Step Four: Garnish and Serve Instant Pot Chinese Pork
Transfer the Chinese Pork slotted spoon from the Instant Pot and serve over rice bowls or as a side dish alongside your favorite stir fry or noodles.
Garnish with chopped scallions, toasted sesame seeds, or cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
If you love Chinese pork dishes and are looking for a quick and easy way to make them at home, then I highly recommend giving this Instant Pot Chinese Pork recipe a try!
What Can I Serve With Instant Pot Asian Pork?
This dish is typically served with steamed white rice, however, you could also serve it with brown rice.
If you don’t fancy serving your Instant Pot Char Siu with a rice bowl then it could also be served with noodles. Noodle bowls are a delicious way to enjoy this dish and they make a great lunch or dinner idea!
- Szechuan Pork Stir Fry: Stir-fry sliced char siu pork with bell peppers, onions, and green beans in a wok or skillet until the pork is crispy and browned.
- Pork Fried Rice: Cook fried rice with egg, scallions, and cooked char siu pork until hot and lightly crisped.
- Chinese BBQ Pork Noodle Soup: Cook ramen noodles in a pot of broth, then add sliced char siu pork and your favorite toppings like bok choy or baby spinach.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Chinese Pork?
Chinese pork, also known as char siu, is a dish that consists of tender pieces of pork that are soaked in an aromatic marinade. This marinade typically includes soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and spices like cloves or star anise.
What Does Chinese Pork Taste Like?
Cha Siu is known for its sweet and savory flavors, making it ideal for pairing with a variety of side dishes. The meat itself has a rich and tender texture that makes it melt in your mouth.
Why Is Chinese Pork So Delicious?
There are many reasons why char siu is so delicious. Not only does it have an incredible flavor profile, but the meat itself is perfectly cooked and tender.
Additionally, the recipe can be easily adapted based on your personal preferences or dietary needs.
Why Is Chinese Pork Red?
Are you wondering what makes Chinese pork red? The pork turns red from some of the spices, but sometimes food coloring is also used to make the pork red. Pork can also have a bit of a red tint to it as well.
Can I Use Light Soy Sauce or Dark Soy Sauce?
It is best to use light soy sauce. Light soy sauce is less salty and has a more delicate flavor than dark soy sauce.
It is also thinner in consistency, which helps it to penetrate the meat better. If you do not have light soy sauce, you can use regular soy sauce.
Best Pork Cut for Instant Pot Chinese Pork
You can use just about any cut of pork for this Instant Pot Chinese pork. Ribs, pork tenderloin, and loin chops are all great options.
You should aim for cuts that are well-marbled with fat to ensure the best flavor and tenderness.
Other cuts you may want to use may include pork roast, pork butt, pork belly and pork shoulder.
Do I Have to Use Sesame Oil for Instant Pot Char Siu?
No, you do not need to use sesame oil for this recipe. However, it will give your dish an irresistible flavor and aroma that is perfect for pairing with rice or noodles.
If you cannot find sesame oil or do not want to use it, feel free to substitute any neutral-flavored cooking oil instead.
Best Noodles for Char Siu Pork
Many different noodles would work great with this pork recipe. Some of the best options for Instant Pot Char Siu include egg noodles, ramen, udon, soba noodles and rice noodles.
You can also use other types of Asian-style noodles such as vermicelli or even angel hair pasta!
What Vegetables Go With Chinese Pork?
Cooked pork goes well with stir-fried vegetables like bok choy, snow peas, bell peppers and broccoli.
Some other delicious toppings that would pair well with Instant Pot Asian Pork include toasted sesame seeds, green onions, and cilantro leaves.
Can You Freeze Chinese Pork?
Yes! You can freeze Chinese pork after cooking it in a pressure cooker. Be sure to allow the pork slices to cool down completely before storing them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
To defrost, simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator, or place the frozen pork pieces directly into a hot skillet or the to reheat or reheat on Saute mode in your electric pressure cooker. Enjoy
So the next time you’re looking for an easy and delicious dinner idea, be sure to give this Instant Pot Chinese Pork recipe a try! It’s the perfect way to satisfy your craving for flavorful Asian cuisine.
More Instant Pot Chinese Recipes
Here are some more Instant Pot recipes that you may love. These Asian Instant Pot dishes include chicken, beef, and vegetable dishes that are sure to satisfy your taste buds:
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Thai Steak And Noodles
- Instant Pot Chinese Lo Mein
- Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken
- Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork
- Instant Pot Beef Stir Fry
- Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken
- Instant Pot Chow Mein
- Instant Pot Sweet And Sour Chicken
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Chinese Dumpling Soup
- 1.5 Pounds Boneless Pork Loin (or boneless spare ribs)
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 2 Drops Of Natural Red Food Coloring
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Thinly slice the pork into strips about 3″ long and place in a large sealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl add the five-spice powder, hoisin sauce, minced garlic and the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the marinade into the plastic bag with the pork. Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Steps for pressure cooking char siu pork.
- Add the olive oil and Sesame oil to the Instant Pot. Place the char siu pork inside the Instant pot and set it to saute function. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring to evenly cook.
- Add the leftover marinade to the Instant Pot. Close the Instant Pot lid. Set the sealing vent to the closed position.
- Pressure cook the Instant Pot Char Siu for 4 Minutes on High Pressure.
- Once your char siu recipe has cooked and the Instant Pot beeps, release the pressure using the quick-release method.
- Transfer the Chinese Pork slotted spoon from the Instant Pot and serve over rice bowls or as a side dish alongside your favorite stir fry or noodles.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, toasted sesame seeds, or cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 939Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 273mgSodium: 3154mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 95g