Looking for an Asian cuisine for dinner tonight? Maybe you want something a bit more different to spice up your dull, boring menu? This Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork has a little spice and a little sweetness to make the perfect dinner everyone will love! Read on to see exactly how to make it!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork
I love a good Asian recipe, but this Vietnamese pork is one of my favorites! Here’s why you’ll love this recipe too:
- It’s sweet and spicy. This vietnamese pork is sweet with a little kick. The combination of brown sugar and jalapeno combine for a perfect flavor.
- Super simple to make. This pork is a super simple dinner meal that you can whip up in no time.
- Simple ingredients. All the ingredients in this recipe are simple and easy to find at your local grocery store.
Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork Ingredients
You probably have most of the ingredients in your cupboards already to make this Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork, but just in case, get out your shopping list and jot these down!
And, of course, grab your Instant Pot!
- Ground pork: Ground pork is not sausage since it’s not seasoned. So, make sure it’s not seasoned pork.
- Green onion: Fresh green onion is the best.
- Jalapeno: You’ll will have to dice up 1/4 a cup of jalapeno.
- Lime: Grab a fresh lime from the produce section.
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce adds a carmalized flavor to your vietnamese pot.
- Brown sugar: When measuring brown sugar, make sure you pack the measuring cup.
- Seasonings: Check your cupboards for minced garlic, ginger paste, salt, and pepper.
- Rice: If you want to make a whole meal instead of just the meat, you will need to grab some white rice.
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for the exact ingredients needed.
How to Make Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork
This Vietnamese Pork recipe is super easy to make in your Instant Pot. Follow these simple steps below to make a delicious dinner in no time.
Step 1: Saute the Pork
Press your saute button on your Instant Pot. Add your oil. When the oil is hot, add the pork and brown it until it’s about 85% done. It should be a little pink.
Step 2: Add Seasonings
Next, add the green onions, garlic ginger, and jalapeño.
Step 3: Add in Your Rice
Put your rice in an Instant Pot safe dish with 1 1/4 cup of water. Then, place the trivet in your Instant Pot and put the rice on top of it.
Step 4: Pressure Cook
Seal the lid on the Instant Pot. Press the manual or pressure cook button and set the time for 8 minutes.
Step 5: Quick Release and Add Ingredients
When the Instant Pot beeps, do a quick release. Then, add brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper to your rice. Stir it and saute it for 3 minutes.
Step 6: Combine Rice and Pork
Finally, combine your rice and pork together. Stir well.
Serve and Enjoy!
Is Ground Sausage the Same as Ground Pork?
No! Ground pork is pork that has been ground typically from pork shoulder. It’s simply pork. However, pork sausage is ground pork that has been seasoned.
What Kind of Rice Do I Need?
For this recipe, I used regular white rice or Basmati rice. White rice takes 4-8 minutes to cook in the Instant Pot. If you use other rice, you will need to increase or decrease the time. If you want to use other rice, you can find out the times, here.
Side Dish Suggestions for Vietnamese Pork
Asian cuisine pairs well with other Asian dishes. In fact, you can do two types of meat if you’d like to make a bigger meal. Here are some suggestions:
Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork That’s All The Rave!
Enjoy this Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork recipe in your home and watch your family swarm the table! It’s a bit spicy with a bit of sweetness, so it’s certain to satisfy all the taste buds!
Did you try this recipe out yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
It's always fun to try something a little different. This Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork is just the cuisine you need to spice up your menu.
- 1 lb. of ground pork
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1/4 cup of green onion
- 1/4 cup of diced jalapeño
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 1/4 cup of Rice
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- Set instant pot to sauté and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the pork. Brown the pork 85% done. Should have some pink in the center.
- Add the green onions, garlic ginger, and jalapeño.
- On a trivet, add one cup of rice and 1 1/4 cup of water in an instant pot-safe container. Seal the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Remove the rice and add the brown sugar l, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 623Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 764mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 42g
More Pork Recipes to try
Looking for more? Try some of our other delicious pork recipes, below!
- Instant Pot Chinese Pork
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Beef Tips
- Pork Tacos in the Instant Pot
- Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!