Working full time, being a full time mother, and having a chronic illness means that I don’t always have it in me to make a gourmet dinner. Sometimes, I just need quick and easy, and that’s exactly what I get with this Instant Pot Buffalo Meatballs recipe.
Made with spicy buffalo hot sauce, ranch dressing, green onions, and blue cheese, you can serve these delicious meatballs on a bun, as an appetizer, or prepare them as your main course.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Ways to Enjoy Buffalo Meatballs
Whether you need a quick and easy dinner or an appetizer for your guests, these buffalo meatballs can be enjoyed in a variety of ways.
- Make them for dinner. I personally love to make these for dinner on days I don’t feel well. They are quick and easy. Some days I plop them on a hotdog bun and other days we just eat them off the plate.
- Take to a Potluck. These little guys make the perfect addition to any potluck. In fact, you can bring them in your instant pot and use the keep warm function.
- Enjoy a quick appetizer. If you have guests over, you may need a quick and easy appetizer. Whip these up and stick some toothpicks in them to make them an easy appetizer.
Instant Pot Buffalo Meatball Ingredients
You won’t need much for this recipe, but your taste buds may beg to differ! Here’s what you need:
- Frozen meatballs: Grab a 1-2 pound bag of frozen meatballs from your local grocery store. Make sure they are unseasoned.
- Buffalo Hot Sauce: I like my meatballs spicy, but if you don’t like the kick, you can use mild instead.
- Ranch dressing: You will put ranch in with your meatballs as well as use it for dipping when they are done.
- Optional Ingredients: If you choose, you can serve your meatballs with green onions or blue cheese.
Scroll to the bottom for recipe card with exact ingredients
CAN I MAKE MY OWN MEATBALLS?
If you don’t like the idea of using frozen meatballs, you can make your own meatballs! I find that using ground beef and making my own always come out more flavorful than the frozen store bought ones. Instead of pressure cooking for 5 minutes, you will want to pressure cook your meatballs for 7 minutes. Follow the recipe below for seasoning.
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Meatballs
Using your Instant Pot means you’ll have a meal or appetizer on the table in less than a half an hour. Follow the simple steps below!
Step 1: Combine Ingredients
Place all your ingredients into your inner pot. Stir to combine and coat the meatballs well.
Step 2: Prepare the Instant Pot
Secure the lid on your Instant Pot, place the vent on the lid to the “sealing” position, and follow the next steps.
Step 3: Pressure Cook
Next, press your manual or pressure cook button and set it for 5 (7 minutes if using homemade meatballs) minutes! Keep in mind it will take 15 to 20 minutes to come to pressure before the time begins to count down.
Step 4: Quick Release
When the Instant Pot beeps, do a quick release by flipping your valve to the “venting” position.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
Sprinkle with optional green onions and blue cheese and drizzle with additional ranch or provide on the side for dipping.
Serve and Enjoy
Side Dish Options for meatballs
These delicious buffalo meatballs make great appetizers, but if you are wanting to make them your main course, you’ll need a side or two. Here are some of our favorite sides to serve!
- Healthy Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- Garlic and Parmesan Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- Carrots Glazed with Garlic and Herb
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Corn Dip
- Instant Pot Alabama Chicken Sliders
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken Rice
- Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken
- Instant Pot Copycat Big Mac With Big Mac Sauce
- 1-2 lbs Meatballs, Frozen
- 1 cup Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing, plus additional for serving
- Green Onions, sliced, optional for serving
- Blue Cheese, optional for serving
- Place all ingredients in your Instant Pot and stir well to combine.
- Secure the lid on your Instant Pot and set to manual pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Stir the meatballs well in the sauce to coat, then serve.
- Sprinkle with optional green onions and blue cheese for serving and drizzle with additional ranch or provide on the side for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 990Total Fat: 80gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 1951mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 48g
10 Delicious Summer INSTANT POT DRINKS Are Quick and Easy To Make
I hope you enjoyed this list of 10 drool-worthy Instant Pot drinks! These are delicious, refreshing, and surprisingly quick to whip up on a summer afternoon for any occasion. What’s your favorite on so far? Let us know in the comments below!
Other Quick and Easy Recipes
Some days, we just don’t have the time or energy to make a gourmet dinner. So, here’s some of my other favorite delicious, yet quick and easy recipes to try:
Remember, sharing is caring! Pin this post to Pinterest for others to enjoy a quick and easy meal, too.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!