Looking for a quick and easy recipe to whip up for dinner? We’ve got you covered! This Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is creamy, delicious, and quick.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why We Love Fettuccine Alfredo
If you are a pasta lover like me, you’re going to love this quick and easy recipe as much as I do. We love good Italian cuisine, and we really love this recipe! Here’s why:
- You can add chicken: Although chicken is not included in this recipe, you can add chicken to it. Use my chicken alfredo recipe if your chicken isn’t cooked yet. If it is cooked, you can shred or cube it and throw it in.
- It’s a dump and dash recipe: This is a dump it in, push start type of recipe. You only use your Instant Pot so you won’t have a ton of dishes to wash either.
- Perfect for picky eaters: This recipe is perfect for picky eaters because it’s just pasta and a creamy, cheesy sauce. Picky eaters will love it.
- Homemade alfredo sauce: With this recipe, you are making your own homemade alfredo sauce which is so much better than the stuff you get in the jar.
Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo Ingredients
You won’t need much for this recipe! All you need is the making for the sauce and some pasta. Get out your shopping list and jot these items down!
- Butter: I prefer to leave my butter on the counter for about 30-minutes so it is softened before using it.
- Pasta: For this recipe, I used fettuccine noodles. You could also use linguine.
- Minced garlic: You can buy this in the jars, or you can make your own using fresh garlic.
- Heavy cream: For 1 cup of heavy cream, you can mix 2/3 cup of whole milk with 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Parmesan: You will need both grated parmesan and shredded parmesan. This recipe calls for quite a bit so make sure you get enough.
- Spices: To add that delicious alfredo flavor, you’ll need parsley, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
This recipe really is a one-pot wonder, and you’re going to love how incredibly easy it is to make. Just follow the simple steps below!
Step 1: Cook the Pasta
Place the pasta in the instant pot and fill it with water to fully submerge the pasta. Close the lid and put the pressure valve in the sealing position. Hit pressure cook or manual and set the time for 7 minutes.
Pro Tip: Make sure the pasta is not sticking to the bottom of the inner pot.
Step 2: Quick Release
Manually release the pressure by flipping the sealing valve to the venting position. Remove and drain the pasta. set it aside.
Step 3: Sauté Butter and Garlic
Set the instant pot to sauté, add the butter, and melt. Once butter is melted add the garlic and cook for 45 seconds. Stir to prevent burning.
Step 4: Add Cream and Boil
Add the cream and let it come to a boil.
Step 5: Add Grated Parmesan and Spices
Once the cream is boiling, add the grated parmesan and spices. Stir in and cook for 3-5 minutes until desired thickness is achieved.
Step 6: Top with Shredded Parmesan
Serve Alfredo sauce on top of the fettuccine and top with shredded parmesan.
Serve and Enjoy!
Why Can’t I Pressure Cook the Alfredo Sauce?
It is possible to cook the sauce and the noodles together in the pressure cooker, however, it is much easier to get the burn notice. Heavy cream has a high-fat content so it needs to be thinned down with water. This means it won’t taste as yummy.
How Much Water Do I Need for the Pasta?
You want the water to completely cover the pasta, but you don’t want too much water. Depending on the size of the box, you will most likely need about 4 cups of water to barely cover the pasta.
Fettuccine Alfredo can be the main entree or a side dish. Pair it with a side of bread, mashed potatoes, or a salad. Additionally, you could add chicken on the side or in your alfredo. Here are some of my favorite recipes that go perfectly with this Instant Pot Fettucine Alfredo:
- Weight Watchers Fruit Salad
- Instant Pot Garlic Monkey Bread
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
This delicious and tasty Chicken alfredo recipe is the best instant pot pasta dish and one the whole family will love
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
- Place pasta in the instant pot and fill with water to fully submerge the pasta. Close the lid and close the pressure valve. Pressure cook for 7 minutes. Manually release the pressure when done.
- Remove drain the pasta and set aside.
- Set the instant pot to sauté, add the butter, and melt.
- Once butter is melted add the garlic and cook for 45 seconds. Stir to prevent burning. Add the cream and let it come to a boil
- Once the cream is boiling, add the grated parmesan and spices. Stir in and cook for 3-5 minutes until desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve Alfredo sauce over the fettuccine and top with shredded parmesan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1938Total Fat: 173gSaturated Fat: 107gTrans Fat: 6gUnsaturated Fat: 52gCholesterol: 513mgSodium: 4084mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 55g
Other Pasta Recipes to Try
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes to make in your Instant Pot?! Here are some of my favorite recipes:
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Shrimp Scampi and Pasta
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!