Craving a nice warm bowl of soup? You’re going to love this Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup! One bite of this soup will warm you right to your core. It’s not only hearty and delicious, but it just might actually get you excited and ready that winter is right around the corner.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Can You freeze gnocchi soup?
You can! Since this makes up a pretty big batch of soup, you may need to freeze some for later. Just add to a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer. It should stay good for a couple of months without issues.
Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Gnocchi is a super popular type of Italian pasta. It is slightly healthier than traditional white pasta and is often made from cooked mashed potatoes flour and eggs. Whilst traditional Italian gnocchi is super tasty, you can use alternatives such as cauliflower gnocchi or sweet potato gnocchi to reduce the number of carbs in this dish. You will love this Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe.
Ingredients For Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- · 2 tbsp olive oil
- · 1 medium onion, diced
- · 4 garlic cloves, minced
- · 1 cup veggies (diced carrots and peas)
- · 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- · 1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
- · 3 cups reduced salt chicken broth
- · 1 tsp. salt
- · 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- · 16 oz packet spinach gnocchi
- · 2 tbsp corn flour
- · ½ cup heavy cream
- · 1 cup fresh whole basil leaves
- Optional garnishes to serve: grated parmesan, chopped basil etc.
How To Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup In The Instant Pot
1. Set the instant pot to sauté mode. Add the olive oil, onions, garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add the vegetables, dried herbs and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken cubes, chicken broth, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
TIP! Make sure the chicken breast is cut into small cubes so there is plenty to be found in the soup!
4. Cancel the sauté settings. Close the lid of the instant pot and turn the valve to seal position. Pressure cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
5. When done, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, the quickly release the rest of the pressure.
6. Turn on the sauté mode again. Add the gnocchi and cook until gnocchi floats, about 2 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, mix the corn flour into the heavy cream. Mixture will be lumpy. Add the corn flour mixture into the instant pot. Sauté for 1 minute.
8. Add the fresh basil and sauté for 1 more minute. Turn off the Instant Pot.
9. Serve immediately garnished with freshly grated parmesan cheese, chopped fresh basil etc.
Notes for Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
1. You can use plain gnocchi
2. The vegetables can be switched around: peas, carrots, celery, beans etc. You can also use frozen veggies, no need to thaw first.
This is a delicious creamy chicken soup and one the whole family will love!