This Instant Pot Beef Tips or Ginger Beef Stir Fry is “take-out” right at home. Sweet and tangy, this is so much better than the restaurant version.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why We Love Ginger Beef Stir Fry
Chinese cuisine is one of my favorite take-out options, but with my Instant Pot, I no longer go out to restaurants for it. Now, I make it at home. Here’s why we love this Instant Pot beef stir fry:
- Easy to make. Made with simple ingredients, this recipe is so easy to make. You’ll just throw everything in the Instant Pot.
- Tender beef. Beef tenderloin strips or bottom round meat is pressurized to perfection coming out tender, juicy and delicious.
- Ready in minutes. It will only take you 10-minutes to prep this delicious dish. Then, your Instant Pot takes care of the rest of the time.
- Delicious. With a little sweetness, a little tang, and a little spice, this beef stir fry is bursting with flavor.
Ginger Beef Stir Fry Ingredients
Stir fry meat, fresh veggies, and seasonings, this recipe is made with simple ingredients you can easily find at your local grocery store.
- Beef stir fry meat: You can use beef tenderloin strips, bottom round, top sirloin, or any other beef you wish cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Broccoli: Wash and cut broccoli into individual pieces.
- Zucchini: Cut zucchini in quarters and slice into rounds.
- Coco aminos: Coco aminos is a dark-colored sauce that tastes similar to soy sauce and can be found in the asian food section. However, you could also use soy sauce instead.
- Brown sugar: Pack the brown sugar into your measuring spoon and scrape the top flat with a butter knife.
- Cornstarch: You will need a little cornstarch to thicken up the sauce.
- Seasoning: You will need minced garlic and minced ginger for seasoning.
- Sesame oil: Sesame oil is a traditional asian-type oil. You could also use olive oil.
- Sesame seeds: Optionally, you can top your stir fry with sesame seeds.
You will also need 1-cup of water for pressure cooking.
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of exact ingredients!
How to Make Instant Pot Ginger Beef Stir Fry
Step 1: Prep
First, cut the veggies and meat, and mince your garlic. Then, set it to the side.
Step 2: Pressure Cook the Meat
Put your cut pieces of meat into the Instant Pot. Place the lid on, turn the sealing valve to the sealing position, press your manual or pressure cook button, and set the time for 20-minutes.
Step 3: Quick Release
Once the instant pot comes to pressure and stops counting then beeps, flip the pressure valve to the venting position to release the pressure.
Step 4: Make the Sauce
Drain the juice from the meat and hit cancel on your Instant Pot. Then, mix together coco aminos (or soy sauce), cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil in a bowl. Pour the sauce over the meat and stir until it thickens.
Step 5: Add Veggies to Ginger Beeg Stir Fry
Next, add in the broccoli and zucchini. Place the lid on your pot, but don’t close it. Allow the veggies to saute with the meat for 2-minutes or until they are the desired tenderness.
Top with sesame seeds, serve and enjoy!
Does Meat Need to Be Covered With Water?
No, there is no need to fully cover your meat with water. While pressure cooking, the water is used to get your Instant Pot to reach pressure. It will fully incorporate into the meat while it’s cooking. If you put too much water in your pressure cooker, it will dilute your food resulting in overcooked and tasteless beef.
How Do I Thicken the Sauce?
If you find the sauce is still too thin, you can saute the meat, veggies and sauce until it reaches your desired thickness. Or, you can add small amounts of cornstarch at a time until it thickens.
Side Dish Suggestions
I usually serve this dish with Instant Pot Rice. You can serve the stir fry on top of the rice or on the side. However, you can make other Asian side dishes. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Instant Pot Lo Mein
delicious beef stir fry in the pressure cooker. This instant pot ginger beef stir fry is delicious and simple to cook
- 2 lbs beef stirfry meat (beef tenderloin strips or bottom round)
- 2 heads of broccoli; washed and cut into individual pieces
- 1 large zucchini; quartered and slice into rounds
- 1/3 cup coco aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons garlic; minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger; minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds for topping
- 1 cup water
- Place meat into the instant pot with one cup water. Place lid on instant pot and turn valve to sealed position. Press the pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 20 minutes.
- Once the instant pot comes to pressure and stops counting then beeps release the press from the valve.
- Drain the juice and then turn on off pot then press saute button.
- Mix together coco aminos or soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Pour onto the meat and stir until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add in broccoli and zucchini. Place lid on the pot but don't close.
- Saute vegetables ever two minutes stir until vegetables are desired tenderness.
- Serve with rice and topped with sesame seeds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 612Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 907mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 13gSugar: 10gProtein: 45g
More Asian Dishes You’ll Love
Looking for more? You can make so many Asian dishes right in your Instant Pot! Here are some of my other favorites!
- Instant Pot Thai Chicken with Beans
- Grandma’s Instant Pot Honey Chicken
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Instant Pot Chinese Pork
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!