I don’t know about you, but I’ve always struggled to cook anything pork. It always seems to come out dry and tough. One I started using my Instant Pot, my luck changed pretty quickly. By combining garlic and onion seasonings with apple cider vinegar, I was able to put a deliciously tender and juicy pork tenderloin on the table! You can too with this cider glazed Instant Pot pork tenderloin recipe!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Ingredients
For this recipe, you will need a few simple ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store. Here’s what you need:
- Pork tenderloin: You will want to get at least 3 pounds of pork tenderloin.
- Seasonings: To season your tenderloin to perfection, you will need dehydrated garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Apple cider vinegar: Make sure you use apple cider vinegar not regular vinegar. The apple cider helps tenderize the meat while adding a tangy flavor.
- Olive oil: I use olive oil, but you can use any oil you like or butter.
Scroll to the bottom to find the recipe card with the exact ingredients needed!
Does Apple Cider Tenderize the Meat?
Not only does apple cider vinegar give your pork tenderloin a deliciously tangy flavor, but its a natural meat tenderizer. Pork tenderloins are naturally tough meats, so using a good tenderizer is in your best interest. By using it in this recipe, you are making your tenderloin juicy and delicious!
How to Make Cider Glazed Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
Get ready to be impressed with how incredibly easy this pork tenderloin is to prepare! Follow the simple steps below!
Step 1: Season the Tenderloin
Pat your pork tenderloin dry. Then, season it with the dehydrated garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat both sides.
Step 2: Sauté the Tenderloin
Hit the sauté button on your Instant Pot. Then, pour your oil in. Once the oil is heated, sauté the pork tenderloin by browning it on both sides. Sauté the meat 3-4 minutes on each side.
Step 3: Add Apple Cider Vinegar
After the meat has browned, turn the saute’ mode off by hitting the cancel button. Scrape any debris off the bottom of the inner pot. Then, add in 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
Step 4: Pressure Cook
Secure the lid on your Instant Pot making sure the vent on the lid is in the “sealing” position. Push the manual or pressure cook button and set the time for 30 minutes.
Step 5: Naturally Release
Once the Instant Pot beeps, allow it to sit there and release the pressure naturally. This helps keep the meat tender. It is done release pressure when the pin drops and the lid unlocks.
Serve and Enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Ticks
Along the way, I have learned a few tips and tricks to make this recipe even better! Make sure to check them out before you start cooking.
- Mix seasonings first. I mix all the seasonings together in a bowl, first. Once they are fully blended, I season my pork tenderloin. Doing this allows you to spread the seasoning on the tenderloin evenly.
- Make sure tenderloin is golden brown. When you saute’ your tenderloin, make sure it is a nice golden brown before flipping it over. Searing the meat this way helps to keep the juices inside the meat.
- Use broth instead. If you aren’t fond of apple cider vinegar, you can use chicken broth instead. Keep in mind that your meat may not be as juicy and tender, though.
Pork Tenderloin Side Suggestions
This Cider Glazed Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin pairs beautifully with almost any side. Here are a few of my favorite sides to make with it:
- Healthy Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- Weight Watchers Macaroni Salad
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Pancakes
- Roasted Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Rolls
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- The Best Instant Pot Egg Recipes
- Keto Mexican Food For Cinco De Mayo
- Vegetable Puree Recipes For The Pureed Food Diet
- Cucumber Chicken Bites
- 1 3lb pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pat dry your pork tenderloin and season with dehydrated garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place oil in the Instant Pot and set to saute.
- Add the pork tenderloin when the oil is hot and brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes each before flipping.
- Once the pork tenderloin is browned all over, turn off the saute mode and add 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.
- Secure the lid and cook on meat setting for 30 minutes.
- Natural release.
- Serve and Enjoy
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 813Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 331mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 119g
Other Pork Recipes to Try
Pork always comes out tender and juicy in the Instant Pot. If you are looking for other pork recipes, here are some of my other favorites to make:
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Honey
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry
- Pulled Pork in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Pork Baby Back Ribs
- Instant Pot Pork Tacos
Did you like this delicious pork tenderloin recipe? If so, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest for others to enjoy! Sharing is caring!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!