This super delicious Instant Pot Chicken Legs Recipe With Honey, Cayenne and Rosemary is a fantastic recipe and one the whole family will love. Cooking chicken legs in the Instant Pot doesn’t have to be difficult and the fantastic flavours in this cayenne chicken dish will leave you wanting more.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
cAN YOU COOK INSTANT POT CHICKEN LEGS FROM FROZEN?
Yes, you certainly can cook chicken legs from frozen int he Instant pot. For this particular recipe I recommend thresh or thawed chicken to allow the marinade to seep into the chicken well, however if you want to cook chicken legs in the pressure cooker from frozen you will need to add an extra 5 minutes pressure cooking time.
What Is Cayenne Pepper?
Cayenne Pepper is a fantastic flavouring and has often referred to as the king of medicinal herbs. Cayenne Pepper is a type of child pepper very similar to bell peppers and jalapeños. Cayenne pepper is a popular spice to add to dishes as it is full of antioxidants, is a great source of Vitamins, A, E, C, B6 and K.
Adding cayenne pepper to this fantastic Instant pot chicken dish not only makes the meal extra nutritious, it boosts the protein content and can help warm you up on and fight against nasty colds.
Honey Cayenne and Rosemary Instant Pot Chicken
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 5 -6 chicken legs
INGREDIENTS foR iNSTANT pOT chICKEN leGS
- – 1 package of five to six chicken legs
- – 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- – 1 teaspoon of salt
- – 2 tablespoons of honey
- – 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- – 5 cloves of garlic
- – 1 lemon
- – 1 cup of butter
- – 1 large white onion
- – 2 sprigs of rosemary- Optional: white rice for serving
Busy Now? Why Not Pin This instant Pot Chicken Recipe For Later!
HOW TO MAKE HONEY CAYENNE CHICKEN LEGS
1. In a small bowl, mix together the cayenne pepper, salt, honey, olive oil and crushed garlic.
2. Wash the chicken and make small cuts in the surface of the pieces.
3. Marinade the chicken in a large Ziploc bag with the marinade mix and seal tightly. Let sit in the fridge for two hours or just until all of the other ingredients are ready to go.
4. Cut the onion into long thin strips and cut the lemon into thin slices as well.
5. Set your instant pot to sauté mode and add half of the butter to the pot.
6. Remove the chicken from the fridge and take the pieces out of the bag, leaving the marinade in the bag for later.
7. Fry the chicken on each side for two to three minutes or until the chicken skin crisps up and turns a light golden or dark brown color.
8. Remove the chicken from the instant pot and set aside.
9. Add the remaining butter and the onions to the instant pot and sauté for one to two minutes, until the onions become tender and translucent.
10. Turn the instant pot off and let sit for a minute before turning it back on.
11. Add the chicken to the pot on top of the onions and pour the rest of marinade over the chicken.
12. Add the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices.
13. Cover the instant pot with the lid and set it to manual mode with seven minutes cook time and let cook.
14. Release the pressure and remove the lid. Set to sauté mode again until the juices from the marinade and chicken have thickened.
15. Turn the instant pot off and let the chicken cool a bit before serving to allow the honey to thicken up. Serve with white rice or butter pasta!
Looking for more fantastic recipes? Why not try out the following?
- Acorn Squash Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Instant Pot Bourbon Chicken
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- The Best Instant Pot Drinks
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!