We all know that the Instant Pot is a game changer when it comes to cooking. You can make any meal in minutes without heating up your kitchen. This delicious Bolognese sauce and pasta recipe uses ground pork for an even easier dinner. It’s perfect for picky eaters, too!
Easy Spaghetti Bolognese and Pasta in the Pressure Cooker
If you love cooking but are short on time? You’re are hungry and want to have dinner ready in under an hour? This is the best recipe for you! It only takes 30 minutes to make this delicious Bolognese sauce using ground pork. The best part about it is that it’s made entirely in your Instant Pot, which means no extra pots or pans to clean up.
Instant Pot Bolognese Cooking Times
(Yields 6 servings)
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Ingredients Needed for Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese
- Ground Meat: Provides the hearty, protein-packed base of the Bolognese sauce.
- Olive Oil: Used to sauté the vegetables and brown the meat, adding richness and depth of flavor.
- Onion and Carrot: Add sweetness and texture to the sauce.
- Minced Garlic: Adds a punch of aromatic flavor to deepen the taste of the sauce.
- White Wine Vinegar: Deglazes the pot and adds a tangy brightness that balances the rich flavors.
- Tomato Paste and Crushed Tomatoes: Provide the tangy, vibrant tomato base of the sauce.
- Italian Seasoning: Contributes classic Italian flavor to the dish.
- Salt and Pepper: Enhance the natural flavors of the other ingredients.
- Heavy Cream: Adds a touch of richness and creaminess to the sauce, mellowing the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Spaghetti: The perfect vehicle for the Bolognese sauce, its long strands hold onto the sauce well.
How to Make Spaghetti Bolognese in the Instant Pot?
Step One: Turn Suate Mode On
Set the instant pot to sauté. Add the oil. Once oil is hot add the ground pork. Brown the meat.
Add the onion, carrots, garlic and continue to sauté for 5 minutes
Step Two: Deglaze the Pot
Add the white wine vinegar to deglaze the pot and then add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and stir.
Add the pasta and close the lid and seal the pressure valve.
Step Three: Pressure Cook Your Spaghetti Bolognese
Cook on high for 8 minutes
Step Four: Quick Release Your Pasta and Sauce
Manually release pressure and make sure pasta is cooked al dente.
Step Five: Add Cream
Stir in the cream and let sit for 3 minutes.
Busy Now? Why Not Pin This Bolognese For Later!
Print This Tasty Bolognese Recipe Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Meat Is Good for Bolognese?
Bolognese is traditionally made with ground beef, but is also delicious with any type of ground meat. This recipe calls for ground pork and tastes super delicious. You can however switch meats if you have ground beef in stock instead.
What Defines a Bolognese Sauce?
Bolognese sauce is a rich meat-based pasta sauce that originated in Italy. It consists of minced meat (often beef or pork) cooked in a thick tomato sauce and it often includes wine, milk, cream and vegetables.
Why Do You Add Milk or Cream to Bolognese Sauce?
Bolognese sauce usually includes milk or cream because the fat in these ingredients helps round out the flavors of meats. Milk is also used to help thicken the sauce and it gives a delicious in depth flavor.
- 1 lb. of ground pork
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 28 oz of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/3 heavy cream
- 16 oz of spaghetti
1. Set the instant pot to sauté. Add the oil. Once oil is hot add the ground pork. Brown the meat.
2. Add the onion, carrots, garlic and continue to sauté for 5 minutes
3. Add the white wine vinegar to deglaze the pot and then add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and stir.
4. Add the pasta and close the lid and seal the pressure valve
5. Cook on high for 8 minutes
6. Manually release pressure and make sure pasta is cooked al dente.
7. Stir in the cream and let sit for 3 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 26g
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Did you enjoy this spaghetti bolognese pressure cooker recipe? You may also love the following posts:
- Easy Instant Pot Casserole Recipes
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken
- Instant Pot Vegan Recipes
- Instant Pot Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Vietnamese Pork
- Instant Pot Cacio E Pepe
- My Instant Pot Wont Come To Pressure
- Instant Pot Greek Rice
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cake
- Instant Pot Huli Huli Chicken
- Layered Apple Spice Cake
- Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Wild Buffalo Chicken Pasta
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has studied nutrition for children and has also taught cooking skills to adults. Angela loves to share family meals and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!