Savor the simplicity of Greek flavors with our Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice! In just 10 minutes, you can enjoy a one-pot wonder featuring tender chicken infused with the aromatic essence of oregano and crowned with the richness of feta cheese. This fuss-free recipe is perfect for those who appreciate a straightforward yet delicious meal.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Mediterranean Delight: Enjoy the aromatic flavors of Greece right in your home kitchen.
- Ready In Minutes: The Instant Pot makes this a stress-free, quick an easy meal.
- Nutritious and Delicious: This recipe combines protein-rich chicken with wholesome rice.
You won’t need a lot for this recipe, but it’s jam packed with flavor! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Precooked Chicken: Rotisserie chicken brings in the extra flavor.
- Rice: Serves as a neutral base, soaking up all the flavors in the dish while providing a satisfying, starchy component.
- Fresh Veggies: Zucchini, squash, and tomatoes add a Mediterranean touch, lending their distinct textures and flavors to the dish.
- Feta Cheese: Crumbled on top for a creamy finish that contrasts beautifully with the other ingredients.
- Seasonings: Oregano and thyme sprigs infuse the dish with aromatic, earthy flavors typical of Greek cuisine.
How to Make Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice Bowls
Step 1: Add The Veggies and Rice
First, chop up your veggies. In your inner pot, add rice, water, squash, oregano, thyme, and zucchini.
Step 2: Pressure Cook
Next, set your valve on top of the lid to the “sealing” position. Then, press the “pressure cook” or “manual” button and set your Instant Pot for 4 minutes.
Step 3: Natural Release
After the Instant Pot beeps, allow it to sit there for 5 minutes and then release the pressure.
Step 4: Add Chicken
Add the precooked chicken and tomatoes. You can turn on the sauté mode to warm the chicken up if you need to.
Step 5: Top With Feta
Serve this delicious Greek chicken and rice topped with feta cheese.
Along the way, I’ve used a few tips and tricks to make cooking this recipe even easier. Keep the following in mind:
- Don’t stir the rice! Any rice can get the burn notice. Just allow the rice to be pushed down into the liquid, but don’t stir it to the bottom.
- Cook chicken along side rice and veggies. If you don’t have precooked chicken, you can cook your own Instant Pot Poached Chicken in a few minutes.
- Naturally release the pressure. Because you are putting a lot of water in the Instant Pot, letting it naturally release for 5 minutes will prevent any fluids from spewing out of the valve.
- Refrigeration: Allow the Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice to cool to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days to maintain freshness.
- Freezing: For longer storage, consider freezing individual portions in freezer-safe containers or resealable bags. Ensure the food is cooled completely before freezing, and it can be stored for up to 2-3 months.
- Reheating: When ready to enjoy again, reheat the stored Greek Chicken and Rice in the microwave or on the stovetop. Add a splash of water or broth if needed to revive moisture, and give it a good stir to distribute flavors evenly.
What To Serve With This Recipe
If you’re wondering what to serve with greek chicken and rice then here are a variety of sides to create a well-rounded and satisfying meal:
- Greek Salad: Prepare a classic Greek salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle oregano for an authentic touch.
- Tzatziki Sauce: Whip up a creamy tzatziki sauce with yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and dill. This refreshing sauce adds a cool and tangy element to balance the richness of the chicken and rice.
- Hummus: Serve hummus alongside pita bread or fresh vegetable sticks. The chickpea dip complements the Mediterranean theme and adds a delightful creamy texture.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roast seasonal vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, and oregano. This brings in a variety of textures and flavors.
- Lemon Wedges: Provide lemon wedges on the side for a bright, citrusy touch. Guests can squeeze fresh lemon juice over their servings to enhance the overall taste.
- Herbed Couscous or Quinoa: Prepare a side of couscous or quinoa seasoned with herbs like parsley and mint. These grains complement the main dish while offering additional protein and fiber.
- Grilled Asparagus: Grill or steam asparagus spears with olive oil, garlic, and a sprinkle of Parmesan for a tasty and nutritious side dish.
- Flatbread or Pita: Warm up flatbread or pita to serve on the side. It’s perfect for scooping up the chicken, rice, and accompanying sides.
- Dolma (Stuffed Grape Leaves): For an extra authentic touch, serve dolma, which are grape leaves stuffed with a flavorful mixture of rice, pine nuts, and herbs.
Do I Have to Use Feta Cheese?
Feta cheese is what makes this recipe Greek! It’s brined curd white cheese made from sheep and goats milk. If you aren’t fond of the flavor or texture, you can substitute with mozzarella cheese.
Can I Add Lemon Juice?
Absolutely! Adding lemon juice to your Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice can enhance the overall flavor profile, providing a refreshing citrusy zing
Can I Use Brown Rice?
Yes, you can absolutely use brown rice in your Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice recipe. Here are a few adjustments you might want to consider when using brown rice: You’ll need to pressure cook for 20 minutes. Brown rice also absorbs more water than white rice so you’ll need to add an extra 1/2 cup of water for every cup of brown rice.
- 2 cups rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 zucchini; sliced
- 1 yellow squash; sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes; diced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 sprigs of oregano
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- Precooked chicken or rotisserie chicken
- In your inner pot, add rice, water, squash, oregano, thyme, and zucchini.
- Press pressure cook or manual button and set to 4 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting it will beep and start counting up. Leave it for 5 minutes then release pressure.
- Once the pressure is released stir in precooked chicken and tomatoes.
- Serve topped with feta cheese and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 31g
More Easy Chicken Recipes
You can do so many things with chicken. From Chinese to Mexican, here are some of my other favorite chicken recipes!
- Instant Pot Chicken Taquitos with Salsa
- Chinese Instant Pot General Tso Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Alabama Chicken Sliders
- Instant Pot Chicken And Quinoa
- Tasty And Healthy Instant Pot Recipes