Tender, juicy, and delicious is what you end up with when you make these tantalizing garlic and paprika Instant Pot chicken thighs. Chicken is so versatile that no matter how many times a week you make it, you can always feel like you’re eating something different.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Do I Have to Use Chicken Thighs?
For this recipe, I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I prefer dark meat to white meat as I feel its more flavorful and juicy. However, you can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts if you prefer! Or, any other type of boneless, skinless chicken.
Can I Cook the Instant Pot Chicken thighs from Frozen?
Absolutely! However, when cooking frozen chicken in your Instant Pot, you will need to increase the pressure cooking time. Instead of setting the pressure cook setting for 10 minutes, you will need to set it for 15 minutes. Check out How to Cook Frozen Meat in the Instant Pot for more tips on cooking from frozen.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs Ingredients
For this recipe, you will need simple ingredients that you probably already have. Here’s what you need:
- Olive oil: I use olive oil, but you can use any oil you choose.
- Veggies: You’ll need chopped onion, bell peppers and garlic for texture and seasoning.
- Seasonings: You’ll want to season up your chicken with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Sauce: This chicken will be cooked in a delicious tomato sauce. You’ll need tomato paste, greek yogurt, and chicken broth for a creamy delicious sauce.
Scroll down to the bottom for the recipe card with exact ingredients and steps!
How to Make Garlic and Paprika Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
When it comes to using your Instant Pot, you can whip up a delicious meal in half the time. Follow the simple steps below for a delicious meal the whole family will love!
Step 1: Sauté the Veggies
Push the sauté button on your Instant Pot. Add in the oil. Then, sauté your chopped onion for 2 minutes and your garlic for 1 minute.
Step 2: Turn Off Sauté Button
Push cancel on your Instant Pot to shut off the sauté feature. Then, add your chicken into the inner pot.
Step 3: Add Seasonings To Your Instant Pot
After the chicken has been placed in the inner pot, add the peppers and seasonings.
Step 4: Combine Wet Ingredients
In a small bowl, combine your tomato paste, greek yogurt and broth. Mix well. Then, pour it over your chicken.
Step 5: Seal the Lid
Before you can pressure cook, you will want to make sure that the lid is secure, and the pressure valve on the lid is set to “sealing.”
Step 6: Pressure Cook
Next, you will hit the soup/stew button and set it for 10 minutes (15 if cooking from frozen). If you don’t have a soup/stew button, you can use your manual or pressure cook button and set it for 10 minutes as well.
Step 7 Natural Release
After the Instant Pot beeps, allow it to sit there and release the pressure naturally. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes depending on your pot. Once the silver pin on the lid drops, it will unlock and you can open the Instant Pot.
Serve and Enjoy!
This Instant Pot Recipe will make chicken tastes like you have had before.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 chicken thighs, deboned
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water or stock
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons greek yogurt or sour cream
- Parsley, optional garnish
- Place the oil in the IP and select the saute setting.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes, then add the garlic for 1 minute.
- Turn off the saute setting and add the thighs, peppers and seasoning.
I like to stir the tomato paste and greek yogurt into the broth before adding them all to the IP.
- Secure the lid and select the "soup/stew" setting for 10 minutes.
- Natural release.
You can chop the chicken in advance or shred after cooking. Shredded after is way easier!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 36g
Side Dish Suggestions
This chicken comes out tender and juicy and can be paired with a variety of different sides. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Sweet Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Gourmet Carrots in the Instant Pot
- Roasted Sweet Potato
Other Chicken Recipes to Try
Like I said, chicken is one of the most versatile foods you can make. You can transform it into Chinese food, Mexican food, or anything you desire. Here are a few of my other favorite chicken recipes in the Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot Dump and Dash Taco Soup
- Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken
- Honey Cayenne Chicken Legs
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken with Mushrooms
- The Best Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Chinese Instant Pt General Tso Chicken
Remember, sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin this post to Pinterest for others to enjoy!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!