In the mood for some Olive Garden soup recipes?! You can easily make this Olive Garden Copycat Instant Pot Minestrone Soup right at home! It’s quick, easy, and delicious with a side of salad and breadsticks.
Olive Garden is one of America’s favorite restaurants, and for good reason. The food is hearty and flavorful, and the portions are generous. One of the most popular items on the menu is the minestrone soup. This soup is a delicious mix of vegetables, beans, and pasta in a tomato-based broth. It’s the perfect meal for a cold winter day, and it’s also pretty easy to make at home.
This Olive Garden copycat minestrone soup recipe is as delicious as the restaurant version. And it’s sure to become a new family favorite. So if you’re in the mood for some Olive Garden soup, give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
instant pot minestrone soup – olive garden soup recipes
Soup, salad, and breadsticks are my all time favorite things from Olive Garden. Every time I go, I just can’t get enough of their minestrone soup. This homemade recipe is a copycat of the restaurant version, but it tastes even better than the original recipe!
Loaded with veggies, beans, and pasta in a delicious tomato broth, this minestrone soup is absolutely delicious. Not only do I think this soup is better than Olive Garden, but it’s incredibly easy to whip up. With just a few minutes of prep and 25-minutes cook time, you’ll have a delicious dinner on the table in 30-minutes.
olive garden instant pot Minestrone Soup Ingredients
The best part of this recipe is that there’s virtually no prep work since you are using simple ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Olive oil– I use olive oil, but you can use vegetable oil, canola oil, or even butter if you choose.
- Onion– Dice up a white or yellow onion for this soup. I think yellow onions taste better, but that’s just my opinion.
- Carrots– You’ll want to peel, quarter and slice enough carrots to equal half of a cup.
- Zucchini– Cut your zucchini in half and slice it.
- Garlic– You can mince your own garlic cloves, or you can buy a jar of already minced garlic. I use the jar to make this recipe even quicker.
- Diced tomatoes- I use canned diced tomatoes, but you can use fresh tomatoes as well.
- Broth– Since there’s no meat in this recipe, you’ll want to use vegetable broth. If you don’t have vegetable broth, you can use beef broth instead.
- Tomato paste– This helps thicken up your soup.
- Beans– You will need a can of white beans, a can of kidney beans, and a can of cut green beans for this recipe.
- Pasta– I use the small shell pasta or Barilla Ditalini.
- Spinach– Use fresh baby spinach leaves. Canned spinach doesn’t work well because it gets overcooked.
- Spices– You will also need Italian seasoning and chopped parsley to season.
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of exact ingredients!
How to Make Olive Garden Copycat Minestrone Soup
With just 5-minutes of prep and 25-minutes of cook time, you will have a delicious Olive Garden dinner on the table in 30-minutes. Get prepared to be impressed!
Step 1: Sauté Onions and Carrots
Hit the sauté or sear button and add in your oil. Once it is hot, sauté the onions and carrots for about three minutes allowing them to soften.
Step 2: Add Zucchini and Garlic
Next, add the zucchini and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes letting those soften. Then, add your minced garlic and cook for another 30-seconds.
Step 3: Add Ingredients
Press cancel on your instant pot. Add your tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, beans, and green beans.
Step 4: Pressure Cook
Close the lid, put your pressure valve into the sealing position, hit pressure cook or manual and set the time for 3-minutes.
Step 5: Quick Release
Once the instant pot is done, do a quick release by releasing the valve and pressure.
Step 6: Add the Pasta
After taking the lid off your instant pot, add in your pasta. Mix so that everything is well incorporated. Put the lid back on the instant pot and close the ceiling valve. Allow your pasta to sit in the soup for about five minutes. Check your pasta to make sure it’s tender.
Step 7: Add Spinach Leaves
Season your soup with salt and pepper to your liking. Add in the spinach leaves and stir. Allow them to cook for about two minutes.
Once the spinach has wilted, transfer your soup to your favorite soup bowl and add any more salt and pepper you may like. Serve and Enjoy!
Why Is My Soup Spraying Out of My Pressure Valve?
Sometimes the pressure is too high inside your Instant Pot to do a quick release. If your soup is spewing out of the pressure valve when you release it, put it back into the sealing position. Wait for 10-15 minutes, and then release the pressure.
Why Won’t My Noodles Soften?
If your noodles haven’t softened after sitting in the soup for 5-minutes, you can push the saute button to essentially boil them. Just keep an eye on them and hit cancel when your noodles are the way you like them.
You really can’t have Minestrone soup without salad and breadsticks if you want the full Olive Garden feel! When you’re making Olive Garden soup recipes, you have to have Olive Garden-like to go with it! And this Instant Pot Minestrone soup recipe can be served with a few different kinds of delicious sides.
I’ve also served my soup with the following sides:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 15 ounce can small white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned cut green beans
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Turn your Instant pot on to sauté mode. Once hot, add in your oil.
- Add in your onions and carrots. Sauté them for about three minutes allowing them to soften.
- Add in your zucchini and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes letting those soften.
- Add to your vegetables your minced garlic. Mix well for about 30 seconds.
- Press cancel on your instant pot. Adding your tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, beans, and green beans.
- Turn your instant pot on to pressure cook. Seal the lid and seal your ceiling valve by pushing it away from you and creating pressure. Set your instant pot to 3 minutes.
- Once the instant pot is done, do a quick release by releasing the valve and pressure.
- After taking the lid off your instant pot, add in your pasta. Mix so that everything is well incorporated. Put the lid back on the instant pot and close the ceiling valve. Allow your pasta to sit in the soup for about five minutes. Check your pasta to make sure it’s tender.
- Season your soup with salt and pepper to your liking. Add in the spinach leaves and stir. Allow them to cook for about two minutes.
- Once the spinach has wilted, transfer your soup to your favorite soup bowl and add any more salt and pepper you may like. Enjoy!
More Soup Recipes You’ll Love
- Delicious Tomato Basil Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower And Parmesan Soup
- Delicious Coconut Curry Soup
10 Delicious Summer INSTANT POT DRINKS Are Quick and Easy To Make
I hope you enjoyed this list of 10 drool-worthy Instant Pot drinks! These are delicious, refreshing, and surprisingly quick to whip up on a summer afternoon for any occasion. What’s your favorite on so far? Let us know in the comments below!
Delicious Instant Pot Minestrone Soup – A Yummy Olive Garden Soup Recipe
There’s nothing like a warming bowl of soup on a cold day, especially when that soup is rich and hearty like the classic Instant Pot Minestrone Soup from the Olive Garden. This delicious and easy-to-make dish is perfect for feeding your family on busy weeknights or for entertaining guests with a special home cooked meal.
Featuring ingredients like beans, tomatoes, carrots, and pasta, this flavorful soup is chock full of nutrients and irresistible flavors. Simply add your ingredients to your Instant Pot or other pressure cooker, let it do its magic, and you’ll have yourself a steaming batch of the delicious Olive Garden Minestrone soup copycat in no time at all. So why wait? Whip up a big pot of this mouthwatering Olive Garden favorite today! You won’t regret it!
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!