Looking for the best Instant Pot Beef Stir Fry recipe? Look no further! This simple and delicious recipe will have you enjoying tender and flavorful flank steak in no time.
The flank steak is tender; the broccoli is soft, and it’s all saucy – slurp! You can put this dish over white rice brown rice. Check out my recipe for a delicious Instant Pot Beef Stir Fry and easy homemade Aisan dish!
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Flank Steak Recipe
Not only is this recipe quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot, but it also results in a tender and flavorful flank steak. The marinade adds depth of flavor to the meat, while cooking it under pressure helps to lock in moisture for a juicy and succulent texture. Plus, with so many options for sides, you can customize your meal according to your preferences and dietary needs.
Don’t forget to check out our Sabana De Res steak recipe!
Ingredients for This Instant Pot Beef Stir Fry
- Flank Steak: Is the protein-rich star of the dish, providing a robust, meaty flavor and tender texture that holds up well in the stir fry.
- Small Fresh Broccoli (Chopped): These little green trees add crunch and a slightly bitter flavor that complements the savory sauce and the tender beef.
- Sliced Mini Red Peppers: Bring a sweet and slightly tangy flavor, enhancing the overall taste and adding a vibrant color to the dish.
- Thinly Sliced Onion: Provides a sweet, caramel-like flavor when cooked, adding depth to the stir fry.
- Fresh Snow Peas: Add a delightful crunch and a fresh, slightly sweet flavor that balances the rich, savory elements of the dish.
- Green Onions Sliced for Garnish: Add a pop of color and a fresh, slightly spicy flavor that finishes the dish beautifully.
- Minced Garlic: It adds a pungent, spicy kick that’s essential to the flavorful profile of the stir fry.
- Soy Sauce: A staple in Asian stir fries, soy sauce lends a deep, savory, umami flavor that enhances the other ingredients.
- Sesame Oil: This oil infuses the dish with a nutty, slightly sweet flavor that’s distinctive and delicious.
- Beef Broth: It adds richness and a meaty flavor to the sauce, complementing the beef perfectly.
- Brown Sugar: It brings a subtle sweetness that balances out the salty soy sauce and the tanginess of the peppers.
- Cornstarch: This thickening agent gives the sauce its glossy, rich texture, making it cling to every piece of meat and vegetable for maximum flavor.
- Steamed Basmati Rice: are the perfect base to soak up the flavorful sauce and complement the tender beef and crisp vegetables.
How to Cook Instant Pot Beef Stir Fry?
Combine the sauce ingredients garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, beef
broth and brown sugar together in a small bowl & whisk.
Add your sliced steak to the Instant Pot then add your sauce mixture.
Close the Instant Pot lid, close the seal.
Cook on manual for 10 minutes.
Natural release for 10 minutes & then do a quick pressure release.
Remove beef from pot & set aside.
Turn off the Instant Pot & then turn it on to saute
Whisk in cornstarch & stir until sauce thickens.
Add the beef back in & stir.
Add in steamed broccoli. This can be pressure cooked for one minute at the start of the recipe or steamed in the microwave as you cook your meal.
Serve over white rice.
What To Serve With Flank Steak?
Flank steak is a versatile and flavorful cut of beef that can be paired with a variety of sides to create a delicious and well-balanced meal. Here are some ideas for what to serve with flank steak:
- Grilled Vegetables: Flank steak pairs well with grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, and onions. The smoky flavors from the grill complement the rich and savory flavors of the steak. You can marinate the vegetables in a similar marinade as the steak for even more flavor.
- Roasted Potatoes: Crispy roasted potatoes are a classic side dish for any type of steak, and flank steak is no exception. You can roast them with herbs and spices or simply season with salt and pepper. For added richness, you can also toss in some chopped bacon or top with grated cheese.
- Rice: Flank steak is commonly served with rice in many cuisines such as Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese. You can try making fried rice to go alongside your flank steak for a complete and filling meal. You can also opt for a healthier option like brown rice or quinoa.
- Salad: A light and refreshing salad can balance out the richness of flank steak. Some good options include a simple green salad with vinaigrette dressing, a Caesar salad, or a tomato and cucumber salad.
How to Store Beef & Broccoli Leftovers?
Store the leftover beef stir-fry in an airtight container. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 4 day. To reheat use a stovetop on medium heat or a microwave.
More Delicious and Easy Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Honey Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken and Quinoa
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew
- Instant Pot Asian Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Pork Tacos
- Instant Pot Cajun Jambalya
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Coconut Curry Soup
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Flank Steak?
Flank steak is a long odd looking piece of meat. It comes from the bottom abdomen of the cow, so it contains a lot of muscle. Flank steak has a lot of beefy flavor, but it can tend to be tough. That’s why cooking it in your Instant Pot is the perfect way to cook it.
How to Slice Flank Steak Correctly?
The most important thing to remember when cutting flank steak is to cut against the grain. You will see long strands of tough fibers running through the meat, and that is the grain.
To cut against the grain, you will cut crosswise and sever the fibers instead of cutting along them. This will make the meat easier to chew.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli?
Yes. If you do not have fresh broccoli on hand, it is perfectly acceptable to use frozen instead.
- 3 lbs flank steak
- 4 cups chopped, small broccoli
- ½ cup sliced mini red peppers
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- Green onions sliced for garnish
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Combine the sauce ingredients garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, beef broth and brown sugar together in a small bowl & whisk.
- Add your sliced steak to the Instant Pot then add your sauce mixture. Close the Instant Pot lid, close the seal. then cook on manual for 10 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes & then do a quick release.
- Remove beef from pot & set aside. Turn off the Instant pot & then turn it on to sauté whisk in cornstarch & stir until sauce thickens.
- Add the beef back in & stir. Add in steamed broccoli. This can be pressure cooked for one minute at the start of the recipe or steamed in the microwave as you cook your meal.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1883Total Fat: 73gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 539mgSodium: 4766mgCarbohydrates: 93gFiber: 18gSugar: 47gProtein: 210g