This easy Instant Pot pot roast beef recipe is a huge hit in my home. In fact, my family loves a Sunday Roast from time to time. And, cooking roast beef in the pressure cooker is a fantastic way to enjoy a roast dinner that is easy, simple and a fast way to cook.
Being from Yorkshire myself, (the home of roast beef and Yorkshire puddings), it was only a matter of time before I shared a delicious Instant Pot roast recipe and this meal uses the classic beef chuck roast meat.
If you’re following the Weight Watchers plan then you’re in luck. I’ve pointed this recipe up. The meal serves 8 and one serving is approx 9 Weight Watchers points on the 2019 freestyle plan.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Ingredients For Your Easy Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ large white onion, cut in chunks
- ½ cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 ½ pounds red baby potatoes
- 8 ounces whole baby bella mushrooms
- 3 carrots, washed and ends cut off
How To Cook Instant Pot Chuck Roast in the Instant Pot
Turn your Instant Pot onto saute mode and add olive oil. Heat until hot, and then add in the chuck roast.
Brown on each side, and then turn the saute mode off. Remove the roast from the Instant Pot and add in ½ cup of water and scrape the bottom of the pot.
Put the roast back in the Instant Pot and then add in onions, garlic and seasonings.
Next pour the beef broth over the meat.
Place the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the pressure valve to sealed. Set manual high-pressure time for 100 minutes, doing a natural pressure release for 20 minutes before letting the remaining pressure out.
Remove the beef from the Instant Pot and run the liquid in the pot through a strainer before returning it to the pot.
Add potatoes, mushrooms and carrots to the pot. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set for a manual high-pressure time of 6 minutes, allowing for a quick release after the cooking time. Remove vegetables from pot.
If desired, you can make a gravy out of the liquid by turning on the saute mode and then mixing a couple tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/3 cup of water and then stirring it into the liquid until it thickens.
You can also find a fantastic Instant Pot Gravy Recipe if you like gravy! Why not try this!
Your Instant Pot pot roast and potatoes dinner is ready to serve! Enjoy!
- 1-pound frozen tilapia
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place your frozen tilapia fillets on top of a sheet of aluminum. Sprinkle each fillet with taco seasoning. Seal your aluminum foil from each side.
- Place 1 & 1/2 cups of water to the bottom of your instant pot. Place the trivet inside your instant pot. Place your aluminum foil-covered tilapia fillets on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and close the seal by pushing it away from you.
- Push your manual or pressure cook button and set the time for 18 minutes.
- While your fish is cooking, make your aïoli sauce. Mix together the mayonnaise, Minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a dash of salt and pepper. Set aside and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once the time is completed, do a quick release by bringing the valve toward you.
- Shred your tilapia, and place on your favorite taco shell whether it be a low-carb tortilla, lettuce wrap, flour tortilla, or corn!
- Top it with the aïoli sauce, cilantro, and anything else you would enjoy on your fish taco such as tomatoes, cabbage, etc.!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 796mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 31g
Try these delicious instant pot recipes for even more easy dinner plans:
More Delicious And Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Jalapeno Jelly BBQ
- Honey Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken and Quinoa
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew
- Instant Pot Asian Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Pork Tacos
- Instant Pot Cajun Jambalya
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Coconut Curry Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
Please pin this fantastic Instant Pot recipe
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and adults. Angela has also taught cooking classes and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Instant Pot Table. Follow her on Pinterest!