This easy instant pot beef stew recipe is both simple to make, full of goodness and super tasty.
Beef Stew was a favourite family meal of mine growing up. I’ve always loved my mum’s beef stew recipe. Mum often uses Dried Beans In The Instant Pot and today I’m sharing this healthy beef stew instant pot recipe. It’s got 15 beans in it and is a fantastic hearty meal for a cold day.
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Beef Bean Stew Recipe
- Comfort Food: This Beef Bean Stew is warm, hearty and perfect for cold days.
- Time Saver: The Instant Pot reduces the cooking time, making it a quick meal.
- Nutrient-Rich: Loaded with protein from beef and fiber from beans, it’s healthy and filling.
Beef Stew Ingredients
To make this tasty and delicious beef recipe you will need the following beef stew ingredients. We used a 15 bean dry mix, however if you can’t find a 15 bean mix, you can use a bean mix with less beans. I’m sure it will taste just as great!
- Beef Stew Meat: Adds a rich depth of flavor and satisfying texture to the stew.
- Onion (Chopped): Forms the base of the stew, providing a sweet and tangy flavor that complements the richness of the beef.
- 15 Bean Dry Soup Mix, Omit The Seasoning Pack: Add a variety of textures and flavors, while also providing plenty of fiber and protein.
- Diced Tomatoes: Provide a vibrant color and a slight tanginess to the stew, balancing out the heavier flavors of the meat and beans.
- Chicken Stock: Forms the liquid base of the stew, providing a subtle poultry flavor that enhances the taste of the other ingredients.
- Salt: Enhances all the other flavors in the stew, making them more pronounced and delicious.
- Cumin Powder: Adds a warm, earthy flavor to the stew, giving it an extra layer of complexity.
- Garlic Powder: Gives a robust, savory taste that ties all the other ingredients together, rounding off the stew with its distinctive flavor.
How to Make Homemade Beef Stew in Your Instant Pot?
Turn the Instant Pot on to saute mode and add the onions and beef stew meat.
Saute until the beef has browned.
Add remaining ingredients. (You can add additional seasoning at the end of the cook time to taste.)
Close the instant pot lid and turn pressure valve to seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 40 minutes.
Allow for a quick pressure release.
Cooking notes: for a soupier stew, add more chicken stock or water.
Makes 8 servings.
You May Also Enjoy The Following Recipes:
- Low Carb Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Fantastic Instant Pot Potato Recipes
- 31 Must Try Mexican Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Pork Tacos
- Instant Pot Cajun Jambalya
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Coconut Curry Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 ounce 15 bean dry soup mix, omit the seasoning pack
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté mode and add the onions and beef stew meat. Sauté until the beef has browned.
- Add remaining ingredients. (You can add additional seasoning at the end of the cook time to taste.)
- Close the instant pot lid and turn pressure valve to seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 40 minutes. Then allow for a quick pressure release.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 588Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 902mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 22gSugar: 4gProtein: 51g